Sunday, February 23, 2014

Prompt Response Booktalk


Book:  Carrie and me:  another daughter love story by Carol Burnett, published 2013.

  This is a griping story about Carol Burnett and her daughter Carrie.  Carrie grew up with her TV mom, Carol Burnett, a funny lady which everyone loved.   Carrie got addicted to drugs and this book helps us understand what she went through.  She went to rehab and got better.  She was working on a movie script, in Colorado, which is at the end of the book.  She writes back and forth to her mom, which makes a great memoir.  If you love Carol Burnett, you will love this book.  It has lots of pictures with her and her daughter Carrie.  You learn a lot about there relationship.  Once you pick up the book you will be drawn to the real characters in the book.  This is a book I loved and I think you will love it too.

  I believe that in order to make a good booktalk, you need to talk about books you have read and loved reading.  If you talk about a book you haven't read, it is harder to present the book.  If you talk about a book that you didn't like you wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it.  When you present a book that you have read and loved, hopefully you will get other people to read and love it too.

 

1 comment:

  1. I heard about this book a few years ago. I sounds like an interesting book, much different from the life I expected Carol Burnett to lead. I always enjoyed watching the Carol Burnett Show. Her rendition of Gone with the Wind was so hysterical! Anyway, you have sparked my interest again about this book!

    ReplyDelete